SERVER INSTALLATION GUIDE
1. OVA deployment
For deploying the CyberQuest virtual machine (OVA file) follow these steps:
- Connect to vCenter or ESXi Hypervisor where to deploy the virtual machine. Open vSphere Client and fulfill the required credential to connect to vCenter or ESXi Hypervisor.
2.Go to “File” and select “Deploy OVF Template…”
3.Browse and select the .OVA file downloaded from CyberQuest website and click the “ Next ” button.
4.Verify Deploy details and click the “Next” button.
5.Rename the name of the virtual machine, select the inventory location on the ESXi hypervisor and click “Next”.
6.Select which format to store the virtual disks of the virtual CyberQuest machine and click “Next”.
7.Review the options selected in previews steps and click “Finish” to start the virtual machine deployment.
8.Wait for the deploying to finish and click “Close”.
2. Configuring CyberQuest virtual machine
For configuring the CyberQuest virtual machine follow the next steps:
- Power on CyberQuest virtual machine from the vSphere client.
3.Login as user “root” and password “toor1”.
4.It will open the configuration Main Menu
5.Use arrows, tab, Esc and Enter keys to navigate in Main Menu. For configure CyberQuest for the deployed environment navigate to Setup and press “Enter”.
6.Setup TimeZone, press “Enter” on “Set TimeZone” and follow the instructions. Select Geographic area and press “Enter”. Select the city or region and press “Enter”.
7.Configure Network, go to Setup and press “Enter”. Select Network and press “Enter”.
8.Select eth0 and press “Enter”. Select ‘STATIC” and press “Enter”. Modify the designated fields and press “Submit”.
9.Configure ‘Hosts”, select “Setup” and press “Enter”. Select “Hosts” and press “Enter”.
10.Modify the IP address with the CyberQuest IP address and press “Enter”. At the prompt press “y” and “Enter” to confirm the change.
11.To increase the storage partition ”/data” take the following steps: - Open vSphere Client, find in the left side tree the CyberQuest virtual machine, right click on CyberQuest VM select “Power” and select “Power Off”
- After the CyberQuest VM is powered off right click on it select “Snapshot” and select “Snapshot Manager…”.
- In the new window verify that the CyberQuest VM does not have any previous Snapshot taken. If it has previous snapshots taken, delete them by selecting the snapshot and pressing the “Delete” button.
- Right click on the CyberQuest VM and select “Edit Settings…”
- In the left side list select “Hard disk 2” and in the right side increase the “Provisioned Size:” with new size allocated for CyberQuest and click “OK”.
- Power on the CyberQuest VM and open console.
Login with user “root” and password “toor1” and open configuration “Main Menu”
Go to “GrowPartition” press “enter” and wait for the prosses to finish. After the process is finished select “Reboot” and press “Enter” to complete increasing the storage partition.